Tuesday, August 27, 2013

blog post 1

Krissy Venosdale's description of her school in one word, expensive. The school she wants to build would be an amazing school. It would have all the technology in it and resources that a student would need to succeed. I would love to go to a school like that. Krissy seems like a reader to me. Everyone builds things around things they love. She spoke about nooks, and comfy seats, and also a tree house. These things are all somewhere I would go to catch up on some good reading. I love how this is all about the students and their learning to her. Sugata Mitra is a great speaker. He really got me thinking about what are we doing with our lives and technology. He does think that the way we do school right now, is outdated and need a change, but look at me right now. I am doing my homework and school work, in my room, and I do not have to even get up. My classroom will be different. We are in the 21st century right now. I do not have one class that I go into that someone does not pull out their laptop to view notes, study homework, or just surf the web. I hope my classroom never really gets to that. I have no problem with students using there products to help, but some class just does not need them. I will be teaching High School Health education. This is a class that a student should learn about their body type and how to live a healthy life. I decided to become a health teacher because I did not more and more people to think that as long as I go out and play dodgeball or table tennis, that they are healthy. I believe in getting up and getting active. What do i want my students to know? I would love for my students to leave my class each time knowing a little more about their body and what they can do to live a long and healthy life. what do I want my students to do? I want my students to be able to walk around the school without feeling like they are going to pass out. I also want my students to be able to choose for themselves a healthy choice of food for lunch or for their snack. what will be my primary way of teaching my students what I want them to know and do? I would start off by making myself a prime example. It would not prove anything to tell students to eat healthy and take care of their bodies if I did not do the same. I would also let them know that I am always there for any questions or concerns. One thing that always helps me, is to set goals. I can set a goal for the whole class that way everyone can help everyone, like a group project. what tools will I use in my classroom? I would a BMI machine. We could also our on bodies. health is all about the body so locating muscles and bones and being able to see or feel them would be helpful. what role will students play in my classroom? My students will play a huge role. they will do 90% of the work in the class. I believe that hands on work is the best way to learn. We can stare at our teacher all day long, and not learn a thing , but as soon as we stand up and start really thinking about where our hamstring is that is when school is not just boring school, things get fun!

2 comments:

  1. "...using there products to help..." These instead of there. Even then the sentence is awkward.

    "What do i want my students to know? " Capitalize I.

    "what do I want my students to do?" Capitalize What

    "what will be my primary way of teaching my students what I want them to know and do?" Capitalize What

    "what tools will I use in my classroom?" Capitalize What

    Perfect record on your headers. A capital missing in each. You apparently did not read the page just after the Blog Post #1 assignment. If you had done so your blogpost would not look like it does now. Read those instructions and follow them!

    " health is all about the body so locating muscles and bones and being able to see or feel them would be helpful. what role will students play in my classroom?" Two sentences which do not start with capital letters. You really must proofread your posts!

    "they will do 90% of the work in the class." And another!

    "We can stare at our teacher all day long, and not learn a thing , but as soon as we stand up and start really thinking about where our hamstring is that is when school is not just boring school, things get fun!" Awkward. Should be two sentences at least. Rewrite.

    Late

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha. Teaching people about health and how to be healthy may seem unimportant to some people, but I agree it is a subject matter that should be taught. I think it is great that you want your students to know more and more with every class. I can remember being in school and not learning something new for weeks. That is a great approach to keep the students motivated. I don't think anyone would want to walk around the school feeling as if they are about to pass out. I understand some students are less in shape than others and may acquire that feeling. If you have a way to prevent that, great! I am so glad you realize that you should be an example for your students. Many professors teach, but do not follow their own advice. I once had a PE teacher who weighed about 300 lbs, and she expected us to listen to her? You leading as an example will definitely bond the trust between you and your students. I definitely agree that the students should preform most of their school work hands on, in school. Many students have home situations we are unaware of, and may not have an equal chance to succeed if everything was done at home. I saw a few capitalization errors, but other than that the post was very clear in how you would want your school to be.

    ReplyDelete