Thursday, October 31, 2013

Blog post 11

Mrs. Cassidy is a first grade teacher who wanted to change her classroom just as the world was changing, with technology. Our world is getting more and more technology based, and it is only fair that our students get the practice they need to succeed. Mrs. Cassidy was right when she said it is better to start early. I am a college student, and I never had to blog until now that makes learning all this new information harder, It is like being taught to learn a completely different way.
I know I will incorporate blogging into my classroom. Blogging can give students feedback from someone other than just the teacher. We keep watching videos of Elementary teachers and what they use. I want to be a high school and later a college teacher, but I can still use some of the techniques these teachers are using. I believe podcast are excellent for the younger generations, but not so much for the older. The older generations is into more Facebook, Twitter, Flicker, ect., and I can incorporate these into my lesson plans.
There will always be a couple of teachers that does not believe in using technology in the classroom. Mrs. Cassidy had this same problem, but you do not let it slow you down. As a teacher sometimes you have to stand your ground, and prove to people why you thing some things are so important to you. What if a parent does not agree with a typical project? I will always try my best to change the project so that everyone is happy. The main benefit from incorporating this new technology is knowing your students are ready for the next chapter of their lives at the end of the year. To feel that special feeling every year, has to be the best feeling ever.

3 comments:

  1. Samantha, You had some very interesting points about this assignment, I really enjoyed what you had to say about Mrs. Cassidy. I agree with you that our world is becoming more and more technologically based, and it is important to incorporate this is the classroom. This is also my first time having a blog, because I was not exposed to as much technology as student are now. I see now that it teaches so much and I love blogging now! Great Post, and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha, I can relate to you when it comes to wanting to be a secondary teaching and the material we've been viewing in this class. I also enjoy the content of your post. That being said you have a few errors mostly just missing words,and a misuse of words.Like the word "teachers" after high school and you used the word "does" instead of "do" in the first sentence of the last paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I believe podcast are excellent for the younger generations, but not so much for the older." podcasts, not podcast

    "...be a couple of teachers that does not believe in using technology in the classroom." do not, not does not

    ReplyDelete